Saturday, June 27, 2009

RIP MJ

RIP MJ


When I read the news about Michael Jackson passing away, I couldn't believe it, I thought it was a joke. It is such a tragedy that such a great, talented and loving person could die when they are only half way through their life. He still had so much more to give, but we must be grateful that we lived to see him accomplish so much.

Although I don't own any of his albums as I don't buy music a lot, I am a big fan of his music. One of my favourites is "Scream" with Janet Jackson. On TV there was a program about him and the presenter mentioned how in everyone's lives there is a significant moment, and MJ's music is playing in the background. When I think about it, it's so true. Although not very significant, these are memories that have stayed with me.

In year 3, I was 8 years old and my class sang his song "Heal the World" at the school assembly. I remember thinking (and still think) what a lovely song it was and how strong the message is.

And then when I was about 9 or 10 years old, I took dance lessons and we had a big dance concert for the whole dance school. One of the other classes did a dance to the Jackson 5 song, "ABC". Ever since I heard that song, it often plays in my head.

You will be missed MJ, but you will live forever in your music.

No comments:

Post a Comment