Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hello 2013

houses

It's hard to believe it's already 2013! It's funny how as an adult years just fly by and you wish time would slow down and occasionally just stop altogether, yet as a child time just dragged and it would seem forever until you had another birthday or had summer holidays. Sometimes I still wish I was a child, but when I was a child I don't think I completely realised how great it was to be small.

woodfloors

Anywho! 2012 was quite a year...

+ We bought our first home! It's been fun decorating it and planning for renovations in the coming years (kitchen and bathroom/laundry is going to be completely gutted).

+ Panko came into our lives! He's calmed down a lot now and isn't quite as naughty as he used to be.

+ Although I haven't mentioned it on the blog, I had a liver biopsy (results were normal) and it was one of the grossest things I've ever felt, which is a lot coming from me because I oddly enjoy a lot of the medical things I've had to do (for example : when you get a body scan sometimes they need to put some iodine into you for contrast so they can see what's going on in your scans a lot better, it makes you feel like you wet yourself! It's a very odd warm sensation hehe). But this liver biopsy, they stab a needle into you and I felt the needle stab my liver like a knife stabbing through a thick chunk of meat. Makes me feel icky just thinking about it!

+ Did several pop-up shops and markets with Montage Collective. We intend to do more this year too!

Now I'm sure there were more things but this heat I'm sitting in right now (40C!!!) is turning my brain slowly into mush. Another reason I haven't blogged earlier. My body is not made for this heat! I have a terrible time regulating my body temperature, if it gets too hot I can't cool down easy, and then when I get too cold it takes a long time for me feel warm again. We don't have air-con either, so a lot of the time Mr. A and I spend our time spraying each other with water and sitting in front of the fan i.e. poor mans version of air-con.

I don't have any particular goals this year. I always break my promises so I think it's better if I just don't say anything at all! Instead I will leave you with a photo of my Moomin figurine collection xx

moominscabinet

No comments:

Post a Comment