I made the most delicious carrot cake this week. It's super moist, a little crumbly and tastes so gosh darn good when it's heated up. And the best thing is, it's gluten and dairy free :)
- 100g brown sugar
- 150g Xylitol (note: you could replace all the sugar with a sweetener of your choosing, I just didn't have enough xylitol to make it sugar free)
- 1/2 cup peanut oil (or vegetable oil)
- 3 eggs
- 250g almond meal (or gluten free flour, but I imagine it wouldn't have that nice crumbly texture)
- 250g carrots, coarsely grated
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line cake tin with baking paper and grease with a little oil.
- In a large bowl, mix sugar and oil.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix to combine. Stir in almond meal and carrots.
- Pour cake mixture into tin and level off with a spoon.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden and feels firm to touch. Cool in tin.
(recipe adapted from here)