Sunday, May 24, 2009

Love/Hate Zine

Myself and other Australian illustrators are putting together a little black and white zine with the theme of Love/Hate.

I got such a complex doing this! I haven't drawn properly in so many months I feel super rusty and after seeing the others work I felt like crap. But then I thought to myself, "It's a zine. It doesn't have to look 'beautiful'." Love I sketched during uni class when I should have been listening to a presentation about...something, then I fiddled with it on Photoshop. And Hate I sketched as quick as I could, I felt dirty drawing it haha!

Love

Hate


Have a look at what the others have done:
Penny
Sam
Emma
Helena

It's so cool everyone's look completely different, in style and subject :)

(OMG EW a small spider just jumped on me...)

6 comments:

  1. They're so cool!!! Gorgeous! We have a bit of a theme running for love, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also, oi! Some of us are in swishy Melbourne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaahha! It's so cute! Love the bunnies, I knew you and penny would come up with something bunny related! I love the adorable long floppy ears.

    I hateeee roaches! Can totally relate to that....i'm terrified of them! Good job niina! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nina, they're terrific! The cockroach is so dispicable he's good! As for the floppsie bunnies - perfect! Also (to paraphrase Penny) oi! Some of us are in sunny Sydney!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very, very nice, I love the bunnies and I completely agree with everyone, cockroaches are evil.

    Well done!
    We are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. mmmmm, how can i get my hands on this zine?

    beautiful work sweets. xo

    ReplyDelete